Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 29, 2011

What do you do when your husband is just a roommate?

I overheard a conversation at the gym yesterday [yes I am trying to lose weight and tone up] between these two ladies and it really touched my heart so I am asking this question.

What do you do when your husband is now just a room mate? You both live in the same house, he cooks for himself, does his own laundry, cleans up after himself, though you both sleep on the same bed, he never touches you nor try to make love to you. If you are in the living room, he is in the bedroom and when you are in the bedroom he is in the living room or somewhere else in the house.

Apparently they have been married for a while, the woman wants to have children but the man is dragging his feet on the child bearing issue hence his playing the abstinence game. He refuses to go anywhere with her, makes excuses for his behaviors but still claims he loves her. She was deeply troubled about his attitude towards, any attempt she makes to talk to him or get him to seek help is rebuffed.

I know alot of our women have this issue but no one is trying to address it but sweep it under the carpet and present a godly [all if fine and dandy] face out to the world. We all here about letting your man have his way in the bedroom anytime he wants it but how about when you want it and he is giving excuses like, " I am tired, I have back ache, I have head ache" and this goes on for months.

From the conversation yesterday I found out the woman is a christian and does not believe in divorce and she has tried getting him to a christian marriage therapist but he refuses saying there is nothing wrong with him and he does not want to see a therapist or her pastor and she appears to be at the end of her rope.

Please I need inputs so at least I can print them out and give to her discreetly the next time I see her.

My heart truly bleeds for her and I know yours will be too. God bless you.

1 comment:

  1. Wao in this situation, the woman has to hand over this to God and also its hard to start involving a third party cos they will magnify the problem rather solving it.
    Let her humble herself, look good cheer up and start praising God for things yet to come.

    ReplyDelete